Allied’s Environmental Policy
Allied Glass as a manufacturer of quality glass containers for the food and beverage market, takes a close and responsible interest in the environmental issues associated with its operations. The company, its directors and employees are committed to the continual improvement of environmental performance and the prevention of pollution.
Through this environmental policy and environmental procedures, the company will follow good environmental practice at all times. The company will carry out regular reviews, performance assessments and use this information to set environmental objectives with clearly defined targets and time frames within which to sustain continual improvement. At this time, environmental performance improvements will be centered on the following key objectives:
- To regard relevant environmental laws, regulations and industry codes of practice as the minimum standards of environmental performance. Where no requirements exist, the company will set its own standards.
- To strive towards the highest possible energy efficiency in every area of operations, with objectives and targets focused specifically on energy efficiency improvement.
- To minimise the adverse impacts on the environment during research, design, purchasing, manufacture and the lifecycle of products and processes.
- To formally assess the environmental impact of all new processes and equipment, including its energy consumption.
- To prevent future land contamination and minimise polluting emissions to air and water.
- To adopt a five-tier approach to waste management. To eliminate, reduce, reuse, recycle and make safe prior to disposal, using the safest and most responsible means available.
- To include environmental issues in training programs and continue to educate and enthuse all employees to provide total compliance with the requirements contained within this policy at all times.
- To continually improve the Environmental Management System and its effectiveness to enhance Environmental Performance.
The company will ensure that the environmental system is maintained and complies with the requirements of the Environmental Standard BS. EN. ISO 14001. You can learn more about the benefits of ISO 14001 here
This policy will be reviewed annually and will be made available to all employees, and other interested parties through the Internet Web Site www.allied-glass.com.